Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Meals

I always loved Sunday dinners at Grandma's and now that I don't live at home (or even remotely near home) I have to make my own version of Sunday dinner (and breakfast... and lunch...). So today is a great day for a full-out Sunday dinner because it's rainy and we worked hard on the house yesterday.  So last night I told hubby I'd make breakfast tomorrow morning.

So I made a frittata this morning. So delish and so easy to make. I took four sausages and par cooked them in a skillet (with sides). Meaning, cook them almost all the way, but not quite. When they're browned and almost there, remove them and set them aside to cool. Then I sauted some broccoli in a little olive oil and then added some red pepper. When that's about done, add the sausage back in & season it. While that's cooking, in a bowl whisk 8 eggs (& season). When your eggs are whisked, put some shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar) on the broccoli/pepper/sausage mixture then pour the eggs on top of everything. Add some more cheese on top for good luck :) Then swirl the pan so there's eggs on all sides and let it be. When very little egg jiggles on top, pop it in the oven under the broiler. Leave it there for a while. It varies depending on your broiler. When it's done cooking, let it sit to cool a bit, cut up like a pie and enjoy! It's a colorful delicious meal.

Lunch for us today is snacky stuff because dinner tonight (early, of course) is Boeuf a la Bourguignonne. It's delicious and this time I'm making Julia Childs recipe. woot woot :) I'll update once it's made (and I'll include her recipe). But it takes 3 hours to cook in the oven, so you have to start early (in fact I'm a little behind already... oops...) So wait and see.... and bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment